Cheese Tortellini with Peas and Bacon
If you love bacon and cheese, say hello to this amazingly easy spring pasta.
Recipe type: Main
- 1 lb. cheese tortellini
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ c. frozen peas
- 1 c. freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain, reserving ½ cup pasta water, and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy, 6 minutes. Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate and let cool, then chop.
- Drain half the fat from the skillet and add garlic. Cook over low heat until fragrant, 1 minute. Add peas and stir until coated, then add cooked tortellini, bacon, Parmesan, and ¼ cup pasta water.
- Garnish with Parmesan, season with pepper, and serve.