Caprese Eggplant Steaks
Caprese eggplant "steaks" are perfect for your vegetarian guests.
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 2 large eggplants
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 c. cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 c. mini mozzarella balls, quartered
- ¼ c. packed basil, torn into pieces
- Balsamic glaze, for drizzling
- Crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat grill over medium-high heat. Slice eggplants lengthwise ½” thick into long “steaks”. Brush with oil and season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place eggplants on grill and cook until tender, but not falling apart, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Place on a serving platter.
- Top eggplants with tomatoes, mozzarella balls, and basil. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and top with a pinch of red pepper flakes, if desired.