- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 russet potatoes, peeled and chopped into small cubes
- ⅓ c. water
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- 10 large eggs
- ¼ c. whole milk
- ¼ c. red onion, finely chopped
- 1 c. Shredded Monterey Jack
- 1 c. chopped cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped chives (plus more for garnish)
- 1 avocado, chopped
- Corn tortillas, warmed, for serving
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil, then add potatoes in single layer. Add water then cover the skillet with a tight-fitting lid. Cook until potatoes are tender, 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, whisk together eggs and milk. When potatoes are tender, remove the lid and push potatoes to one side of the pan. Add the egg mixture and red onions to the skillet and let set for about 1 minute, until the edges of the eggs start to set.
- Using a spatula, drag the eggs to create curds. When the scrambled eggs are almost set, toss them with the potatoes.
- Add cheese, cherry tomatoes, and chives, then season with salt and pepper. Toss until cheese has melted, then remove from heat and top with avocado and more chives. Serve immediately with warm tortillas to make tacos.