If you've got a big jar of marinara in your pantry, feel free to use it here instead of the crushed tomatoes. Add it after you've cooked the beef and just let it heat through. You can skip the whole simmering part! We still recommend, however, stirring in some basil and balsamic vinegar.
Recipe type: Main
- 1 large head cabbage, leaves separated
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for baking dish
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ lb. ground beef
- 1 (28-oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- ¼ c. torn basil leaves
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 c. ricotta
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ c. grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 3 c. shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook until onion is soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and ground beef, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon. Cook until beef is no longer pink, about 6 minutes; drain excess fat. Add crushed tomatoes and balsamic vinegar. Bring mixture to boil then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper then stir in basil.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, eggs, and Parmesan.
- Grease a large baking dish with olive oil. Spoon a thin layer of sauce into bottom of baking dish. Add a layer of cabbage leaves, then top with more sauce, ricotta mixture, and mozzarella. Repeat layering twice more.
- Bake until cabbage is tender and mozzarella is bubbly, about 25 minutes. Garnish with more basil.
This low-carb lasagna will make you forget ALL about pasta. Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/lIFviys
Posted by Delish on Monday, November 12, 2018