- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- ¼ c. all-purpose flour
- 2 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large head broccoli, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 c. whole milk
- 3 c. shredded cheddar, plus more for garnish
- Baguette, for serving
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion and cook until soft, 5 minutes. Whisk in flour and let cook 2 minutes. Add chicken broth and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Stir in broccoli, carrots, and celery. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Let simmer until vegetables are tender, 20 minutes.
- Add milk and bring to a simmer, then stir in cheddar.
- Season with salt and pepper and top with more cheddar.
- Serve with baguette.
If you're OBSESSED with Panera Bread, you need to try our Broccoli Cheddar Soup.Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/rup48KO
Posted by Delish on Saturday, February 24, 2018