Bourbon Bacon Brittle
Bacon Bourbon Brittle is the holiday gift everyone will be demanding this season.
Author: Lauren Miyashiro
Recipe type: Main
Serves: 6 serves
- ½ c. (1 stick) butter, plus more for pan
- 1 lb. bacon
- 1¾ c. sugar
- ½ c. light corn syrup
- ½ c. water
- Flaky sea salt
- 1 c. toasted pecans, chopped
- 2 tbsp. bourbon
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1½ tsp. baking soda
- Line a large baking sheet with foil and grease with butter.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine sugar, corn syrup and water. Cook, stirring occasionally, until a candy thermometer reaches 260°, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add butter and a large pinch of salt. Stir once then return over medium-high heat and cook, without stirring, until the syrup turns golden and the thermometer reaches 285°, about 5 more minutes. Add bacon, vanilla, bourbon, and baking soda. (It will foam!) Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture turns a deeper golden and the thermometer registers 300°.
- Immediately pour the mixture onto prepared baking sheet, tilting and spreading the mixture into a thin layer. Let cool completely before breaking into pieces.
Bacon Bourbon Brittle is the holiday gift everyone will be demanding this season.Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/gFQfOHB
Posted by Delish on Tuesday, November 28, 2017