Boston Cream Pound Cake
Why make Boston Cream Pie when you can make Boston Cream Pound Cake?
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 c. whole milk
- 1 pound cake (defrosted if frozen)
- ¾ c. heavy cream
- 1½ c. semisweet chocolate chips
- Make pudding: In a large bowl, whisk together pudding mix and milk until thick, 3 minutes.
- Slice pound cake in half lengthwise and spread a thick layer of pudding on top (you'll have about ¼ of the batch of pudding left). Top with pound cake top.
- Make ganache: Heat heavy cream in a small saucepan over low heat just until it bubbles. Place chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl and pour over hot heavy cream. Let sit 2 minutes, then whisk until smooth and no clumps remain.
- Pour ganache over pound cake and smooth top.
- Let harden in fridge 10 minutes, then slice.