Who's making us these light and fluffy pancakes for breakfast?!
Recipe type: Dessert
- ½ cup whole-wheat pastry flour (see Source)
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- ¾ cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- ½ cup nonfat buttermilk (see Tip)
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- ¾ cup fresh or frozen (not thawed) blueberries
- Whisk whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and nutmeg in a small bowl. Whisk ricotta, egg, egg white, buttermilk, lemon zest and juice in a large bowl until smooth. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Brush a large nonstick skillet with ½ teaspoon oil and place over medium heat until hot. Using a generous ¼ cup of batter for each pancake, pour the batter for 2 pancakes into the pan, sprinkle blueberries on each pancake and cook until the edges are dry and bubbles begin to form, about 2 minutes. Flip the pancakes and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes more. Repeat with the remaining oil, batter and berries, adjusting the heat as necessary to prevent burning.
Who's making us these light and fluffy pancakes for breakfast?!RECIPE HERE: http://ow.ly/aIzx30korzQ (via EatingWell)
Posted by MyRecipes on Monday, June 11, 2018