Best-Ever Spanish Rice
Tomato sauce, red bell pepper, and the perfect combo of spices elevate ordinary white rice to a restaurant-worthy side. (It pair perfectly with our chicken fajitas!) Don't skip toasting the rice! It adds a ton of flavor.
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ medium onion, finely chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 c. long grain white rice
- 2 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 c. tomato sauce
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. freshly chopped cilantro, for garnish
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and pepper and cook until softened slightly, 3 to 4 minutes. Add rice and cook, stirring frequently, until toasted, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in chicken broth, tomato puree, lemon juice, chili powder, garlic powder, oregano, and cumin. Season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Increase heat to high and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cover. Cook until all liquid is absorbed, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let rest for 3 to 4 minutes, then remove lid and fluff rice with a fork. Top with cilantro and serve immediately.
Never eating boring rice again after THIS.Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/PZrRuc5
Posted by Delish on Wednesday, December 12, 2018