Best-Ever Buffalo Mac & Cheese
There's a TON going on in this recipe—ranch dressing, buffalo sauce, cheddar, Monterey Jack, AND bacon—but trust us, it works.
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni
- 3 tbsp. butter, plus 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 c. milk
- 1 c. shredded cheddar
- 1 c. shredded Monterey jack
- ½ c. ranch dressing
- ⅓ buffalo sauce, plus more for garnish
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ¾ c. panko bread crumbs
- Chopped chives, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°. Butter a 9”-x-13” baking dish. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of the butter in a medium pot over medium. Add flour and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Slowly add milk to flour mixture, while whisking constantly. Continue whisking until mixture thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and stir in cheeses until fully melted. Stir in ranch dressing and buffalo sauce and season with salt and pepper. Fold pasta into the cheese mixture and scrape into the prepared baking dish.
- Toss panko with melted butter and sprinkle on top. Bake until bubbly and golden, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chives and more hot sauce before serving