Barbecue Pulled Pork Shepherd's Pie
The classic comfort food gets a Southern twist.
Recipe type: Main
- FOR THE RANCH MASHED POTATOES
- 2 lb. red potatoes
- ½ packet ranch seasoning mix
- ⅔ c. sour cream
- FOR THE FILLING
- 1 lb. pulled pork
- 1 bottle barbecue sauce
- 1 can corn, juices drained
- 1 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 bunch scallions, diced
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Make the ranch mashed potatoes: Peel potatoes and cut into 1" pieces, then place pieces in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring water to boil and cook until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork, about 10 minutes. Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Add ranch seasoning and sour cream and mash potatoes until the mixture is thoroughly combined and most of the lumps are gone. Set aside.
- Make the rest of the dish: Toss pulled pork with barbecue sauce (as much or as little as you'd like to use). Add it to a large casserole dish, smoothing it to create one even layer. Top with corn, then add a layer of mashed potatoes. Cover with shredded cheese and scallions.
- Bake in the oven for 14 to 16 minutes, or until cheese has melted.