- cooking spray
- 4 medium (7 oz each) zucchinis, ends trimmed
- 3 large egg whites, beaten
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- fresh black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup seasoned whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ cups quick marinara sauce for dipping (optional)
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites and season with salt and pepper. In a ziplock bag, place breadcrumbs, garlic powder and cheese and shake well. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Dip zucchini sticks into eggs then into bread crumb and cheese mixture, a few at a time and shake to coat. Place the breaded zucchini in a single layer and spray more cooking spray on top. Bake at 425° for about 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve with ½ cup marinara sauce for dipping.
Here’s a video that shows you how to make it:
Eat the whole batch for under 200 calories! My kids LOVE these with marinara sauce. Can easily be made gluten-free.4 Smart Points • 154 Calories (per zucchini)recipe —> http://www.skinnytaste.com/baked-zucchini-sticks-13-pts/
Posted by Skinnytaste on Tuesday, May 9, 2017