Baked Eggplant Parm
The healthier way to get your eggplant parm fix.
Recipe type: Appetizer
- Cooking spray
- 1½ c. panko bread crumbs
- 1 c. freshly grated Parmesan, divided
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium eggplants, sliced into ½" thick rounds
- 3 large eggs
- 4 c. marinara
- 2 c. shredded mozzarella
- ⅓ c. thinly sliced basil
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper and coat with cooking spray. In a shallow bowl, whisk together panko, ½ cup Parmesan, and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and pepper. In another shallow bowl, whisk eggs with 2 tablespoons water and season with salt and pepper.
- Dip an eggplant slice into egg wash, then dredge in panko mixture. Place on baking sheet. Repeat to coat all eggplant slices. Spray tops lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake until soft inside, and golden and crisp on the outside, 30 to 35 minutes.
- In a large baking dish, add a cup of marinara and spread evenly. Add an even layer of eggplant slices, then pour 1½ cup marinara on top. Sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella, half of the remaining Parmesan, and fresh basil. Repeat process once more to use up all ingredients.
- Bake until bubbly and golden, 15 to 17 minutes more.