Bacon-wrapped Prime Rib
Take your holiday feast to the NEXT LEVEL
Author: Matthew Johnson
Recipe type: Main
- 5 lb boneless ribeye roast, trimmed
- 1 salt, to taste
- 1 black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 7 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- ¼ cup chives, chopped
- ¼ cup rosemary, chopped
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 lb bacon
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- Preheat oven to 250°F (120°C).
- Let the ribeye roast come to room temperature. Season with salt and freshly cracked pepper on all sides.
- Place the roast in the oven for 3 hours, or until the temperature reaches at least 125°F (52°C) for an eventual medium-rare cooked prime rib. Let ribeye cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Mix together the butter, garlic, paprika, chives, rosemary, brown sugar, salt, and pepper in a bowl until evenly combined.
- Rub the butter mixture all over the ribeye roast and set aside.
- On a large piece of parchment paper or plastic wrap, weave together slices of bacon until you have a bacon lattice twice as long and twice as wide as the roast.
- Place the bacon lattice over the roast and tuck any excess bacon around the prime rib.
- Place the bacon-wrapped roast on a greased, wire rack lined sheet tray. then place on a roasting tray with a rack.
- Bake the roast for an additional 30 minutes, or until the bacon lattice is crispy. The center of the meat should not heat up too much so it is very important you cook it to the desired doneness when the roast was in the oven the first time.
- Remove the roast from the pan and pour the pan drippings into a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the flour, whisking until there are no lumps and the mixture starts to simmer.
- Add the beef broth and stir until the gravy comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat and strain the sauce into a gravy dish.
- Carve the prime rib into ¾-inch slices, then serve with any sides you like and the homemade gravy!
Take your holiday feast to the NEXT LEVEL ✨!FULL RECIPE: https://tasty.co/recipe/bacon-wrapped-prime-ribCheck out and shop our favorite holiday recipes HERE: http://bzfd.it/2o1Fm7O
Posted by Tasty on Saturday, December 16, 2017