Bacon Weave Pizza
Bacon Weave Pizza proves that crust is SO overrated.
Author: Rian Handler
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 12 slices thick-cut bacon
- ½ c. pizza sauce
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella
- 1 c. sliced green bell pepper
- ¼ medium red onion, sliced
- ¼ c. sliced black olives
- ¼ c. grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a large baking sheet pan with parchment paper. To form a bacon weave, line six bacon slices side-by-side on the baking sheet. Lift up and fold back every other bacon slice, then lay a seventh slice on top in the center.
- Lay folded-back slices on top of seventh slice, then fold back the alternate slices. Place eighth slice on top, next to the seventh slice, weaving like you did before. Repeat this process four more times to complete the weave.
- Place an inverted, oven-proof cooling rack on top of the bacon slices. This helps them stay flat.
- Bake 23 to 25 minutes, or until bacon starts to crisp.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and pour off as much fat as you can. Carefully remove rack, then spread with pizza sauce leaving ½-inch or so for crust. Top with mozzarella, pepper, onions, olives, and Parmesan.
- Return sheet to oven and continue baking until cheese is melty, another 10 minutes.
Bacon Weave Pizza proves that crust is SO overrated. Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/MTr4EYp
Posted by Delish on Monday, August 13, 2018