Asian Lettuce Wraps
Watch your back, P.F. Chang's!
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 3 tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. sriracha (optional)
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. freshly grated ginger
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- ½ c. water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Large leafy lettuce (leaves separated), for serving
- Make the sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, Sriracha, and sesame oil.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add onions and sauté until soft, then stir in garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add ground chicken and cook until browned and mostly cooked through, breaking up the meat with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Pour in the sauce and cook 1 to 2 minutes more, until the sauce reduces slightly and the chicken is cooked through completely. Turn off heat and stir in chestnuts and green onions. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon a large scoop (about ¼ cup) of chicken mixture into the center of each lettuce leaf. Serve immediately.