- FOR THE CUPCAKES
- 1½ c. semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 c. unsalted butter
- 5 large eggs
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- FOR THE FROSTING
- 1 c. heavy cream
- ¼ c. coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. powdered suger
- pinch of salt
- FOR THE TOPPING
- ¾ c. sweetened shredded coconut
- 12 cocoa-dusted or toasted almonds
- Melted chocolate, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 375° and line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners. In a small saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over low heat until smooth. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes, then whisk in eggs, sugar, and cocoa powder.
- Divide mixture among the liners (fill about 1⁄4" from the top). Bake until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 25 to 28 minutes. Let cool completely (don’t worry when they sink).
- Make the frosting: In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat heavy cream, coconut milk, sugar, and salt, gradually increasing speed until medium peaks form, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Spoon frosting on top of cupcakes (scant 1⁄4 cup each), then sprinkle with coconut and top with an almond.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate and serve.